This info is about Borderlands 2 for Windows. Here you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. It was created for Windows by A way to uninstall Borderlands 2 from your PCGearbox Software
. You can read more on Gearbox Software or check for application updates here
. You can get more details about Borderlands 2 at http://www.borderlands2.com/
. Borderlands 2 is frequently installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Borderlands 2 folder, regulated by the user's decision. You can remove Borderlands 2 by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line "C:\Program Files (x86)\Borderlands 2\uninstall.exe" "/U:C:\Program Files (x86)\Borderlands 2\Uninstall\uninstall.xml". Note that you might get a notification for administrator rights. Borderlands2.exe is the programs's main file and it takes circa 34.25 MB (35909784 bytes) on disk.
The following executables are incorporated in Borderlands 2. They take 39.43 MB (41343023
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- trainer.exe (2.90 MB)
- uninstall.exe (1.28 MB)
- Borderlands2.exe (34.25 MB)
- LangChanger.exe (255.00 KB)
- Launcher.exe (115.67 KB)
- NameChanger.exe (650.23 KB)
The current page applies to Borderlands 2 version 1.7.0
alone. Click on the links below for other Borderlands 2 versions:
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the PC. Part_A few of these are shown below.You should delete the folders below after you uninstall Borderlands 2:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Borderlands 2
Generally the following registry data will not be cleaned:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\_steam_api.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\APEX_Clothing_Legacy_x86.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\APEX_Clothing_x86.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Win32\APEX_Destructible_Legacy_x86.dll
Open regedit.exe in order to remove the following values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Borderlands 2
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Borderlands 2\DisplayIcon
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Borderlands 2\DisplayName
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Borderlands 2\InstallLocation
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Borderlands 2\UninstallString
Borderlands 2 is an application marketed by Gearbox Software. Frequently, people try to erase this program. Sometimes this is efortful because doing this by hand requires some experience regarding Windows internal functioning. The best QUICK approach to erase Borderlands 2 is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to delete Borderlands 2 from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general utility to maximize the performance of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire the program's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs existing on your computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate Borderlands 2 or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Borderlands 2". If it exists on your system the Borderlands 2 program will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select Borderlands 2 in the list of apps, some information about the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about Borderlands 2, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Borderlands 2:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.borderlands2.com/
- The uninstall string is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Borderlands 2\uninstall.exe" "/U:C:\Program Files (x86)\Borderlands 2\Uninstall\uninstall.xml"
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Borderlands 2.
8. After removing Borderlands 2, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Borderlands 2 that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing Borderlands 2 with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall Borderlands 2 by Gearbox Software from your PC, nor are we saying that Borderlands 2 by Gearbox Software is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall Borderlands 2 supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2015-03-07 12:54:08.490