AutoUpdate is a Windows program. Read below about how to uninstall it from your PC. The application is usually located in the C:\Programmi\DivX folder (same installation drive as Windows). DivXCodecUninstall.exe is the AutoUpdate's main executable file and it occupies approximately 58.02 KB (59411 bytes) on disk. How to uninstall AutoUpdate from your PC
The executable files below are installed alongside AutoUpdate. They take about 296.04 KB (303142
bytes) on disk.
- DivXCodecUninstall.exe (58.02 KB)
- bgregister.exe (108.00 KB)
- config.exe (72.00 KB)
This info is about AutoUpdate version 1.0
alone. For other AutoUpdate versions please click below:
Some files and registry entries are typically left behind when you uninstall AutoUpdate.Directories that were left behind:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\AutoUpdate\AutoUpdate.ico
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX\bgregister.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX\config.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX\License.txt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX\README.txt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivXBundleUninstall.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivXCodecUninstall.exe
Some computer users try to remove this program. Sometimes this is easier said than done because uninstalling this by hand takes some knowledge related to Windows program uninstallation. The best QUICK way to remove AutoUpdate is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to delete AutoUpdate from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around utility to clean your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with the program's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of tools.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications existing on the computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate AutoUpdate or simply click the Search feature and type in "AutoUpdate". The AutoUpdate app will be found automatically. After you select AutoUpdate in the list of apps, some data regarding the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding AutoUpdate, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall AutoUpdate.
8. After uninstalling AutoUpdate, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of AutoUpdate that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing AutoUpdate with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
Last update on: 2015-01-16 14:05:35.130