AutoUpdate is a Windows program. Read below about how to uninstall it from your PC. The application is usually located in the C:\Programmi\DivX folder (same installation drive as Windows). DivXCodecUninstall.exe is the AutoUpdate's main executable file and it occupies approximately 58.02 KB (59411 bytes) on disk. How to uninstall AutoUpdate from your system
The executable files below are installed alongside AutoUpdate. They take about 296.04 KB (303142
bytes) on disk.
- DivXCodecUninstall.exe (58.02 KB)
- bgregister.exe (108.00 KB)
- config.exe (72.00 KB)
This info is about AutoUpdate version 1.0
alone. For other AutoUpdate versions please click below:
Some files and registry entries are typically left behind when you uninstall AutoUpdate.Directories that were left behind:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\DivX\AutoUpdate
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be uninstalled; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\AutoUpdate\AutoUpdate.ico
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX Player\DivX Player Help.url
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX Player\DivX Player.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX Player\DivX.com.url
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX Player\DivXPlayerATIPlugin.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX Player\libeay32.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX Player\License.txt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX Player\README.txt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX Player\Skins\Default.dps
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX Player\ssleay32.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX\bgregister.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX\config.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX\DivX EKG.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX\DivXDRA1031.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX\DivXDRA1033.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX\DivXDRA1036.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX\DivXDRA1041.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX\License.txt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX\README.txt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivXBundleUninstall.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivXCodecUninstall.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivXPlayerUninstall.exe
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\DivX\AutoUpdate\AutoUpdate-1.0.xml
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following values:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Adobe\Shockwave 12\AutoUpdate
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\DivX Player\DivX Player.exe
Sometimes, computer users choose to uninstall it. Sometimes this is hard because doing this manually takes some know-how related to Windows program uninstallation. One of the best EASY practice to uninstall AutoUpdate is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase AutoUpdate using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general tool to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows tool.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs existing on your computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find AutoUpdate or simply activate the Search field and type in "AutoUpdate". If it is installed on your PC the AutoUpdate program will be found automatically. Notice that when you click AutoUpdate in the list , some data about the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have about AutoUpdate, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall AutoUpdate.
8. After removing AutoUpdate, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of AutoUpdate that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing AutoUpdate with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
Last update on: 2015-01-16 14:05:35.130