This web page is about AutoUpdate for Windows. Here you can find details on how to remove it from your computer. AutoUpdate is frequently set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX folder, subject to the user's option. The application's main executable file occupies 117.17 KB (119977 bytes) on disk and is titled DivXCodecUninstall.exe. How to uninstall AutoUpdate from your system
AutoUpdate is composed of the following executables which take 635.83 KB (651090
bytes) on disk:
- DivXCodecUninstall.exe (117.17 KB)
- config.exe (68.00 KB)
- DivX EKG.exe (333.50 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.1
of AutoUpdate. You can find below info on other releases of AutoUpdate:
AutoUpdate has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Folders left behind when you uninstall AutoUpdate:
Generally, the following files are left on disk:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DivX\AutoUpdate
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following data will not be removed; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Stable\opera_autoupdate.log
Supplementary values that are not removed:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Adobe\Shockwave 12\AutoUpdate
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Macromedia\Shockwave 10\AutoUpdate
Some people choose to remove this application. Sometimes this is hard because uninstalling this manually requires some skill related to Windows program uninstallation. One of the best EASY practice to remove AutoUpdate is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to uninstall AutoUpdate with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around utility to clean your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of utilities.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications installed on your computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find AutoUpdate or simply activate the Search field and type in "AutoUpdate". The AutoUpdate app will be found automatically. Notice that after you click AutoUpdate in the list of programs, some data regarding the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other users have regarding AutoUpdate, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove AutoUpdate.
8. After removing AutoUpdate, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of AutoUpdate that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling AutoUpdate with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
Last update on: 2015-01-16 14:05:35.130