This page contains complete information on how to uninstall Audacity 2.0.6 for Windows. The Windows version was created by How to uninstall Audacity 2.0.6 from your computerAudacity Team
. More data about Audacity Team can be found here
. More details about the app Audacity 2.0.6 can be seen at http://audacity.sourceforge.net
. Usually the Audacity 2.0.6 program is installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity folder, depending on the user's option during setup. You can remove Audacity 2.0.6 by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\unins000.exe. Note that you might be prompted for admin rights. audacity.exe is the programs's main file and it takes circa 7.74 MB (8119808 bytes) on disk.
The executables below are part of Audacity 2.0.6. They take about 9.16 MB (9604297
bytes) on disk.
- audacity.exe (7.74 MB)
- unins000.exe (1.42 MB)
The current page applies to Audacity 2.0.6 version 2.0.6
If you are manually uninstalling Audacity 2.0.6 we recommend you to verify if the following data is left behind on your PC.Directories left on disk:
The files below were left behind on your disk when you remove Audacity 2.0.6:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be cleaned; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Languages\ca@valencia\Audacity.mo
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Languages\gl_ES\wxstd.mo
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Languages\pt\Audacity.mo
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Languages\pt\wxstd.mo
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Languages\wxstd\wxstd.mo
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Languages\zh\Audacity.mo
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Languages\zh\wxstd.mo
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Nyquist\bug.lsp
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\wxbase28u_net_vc_custom.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\wxbase28u_vc_custom.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\wxmsw28u_adv_vc_custom.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\wxmsw28u_core_vc_custom.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\wxmsw28u_html_vc_custom.dll
Open regedit.exe to delete the values below from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\IntelliType Pro\AppSpecific\audacity.exe
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\bam\UserSettings\S-1-5-21-2480187725-2226324623-4176875422-1001\\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\unins000.exe
Audacity 2.0.6 is a program by Audacity Team. Some computer users try to remove this program. This is hard because removing this by hand requires some knowledge related to removing Windows programs manually. One of the best QUICK approach to remove Audacity 2.0.6 is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to erase Audacity 2.0.6 from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general utility to optimize your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs existing on the computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate Audacity 2.0.6 or simply activate the Search field and type in "Audacity 2.0.6". The Audacity 2.0.6 application will be found very quickly. After you click Audacity 2.0.6 in the list of applications, some information about the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have about Audacity 2.0.6, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Audacity 2.0.6:
- The publisher is: http://audacity.sourceforge.net
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\unins000.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Audacity 2.0.6.
8. After removing Audacity 2.0.6, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of Audacity 2.0.6 which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Audacity 2.0.6 using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove Audacity 2.0.6 by Audacity Team from your computer, we are not saying that Audacity 2.0.6 by Audacity Team is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Audacity 2.0.6 supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 19:50:57.967