This page contains complete information on how to remove Audacity 2.0.5 for Windows. It was developed for Windows by A guide to uninstall Audacity 2.0.5 from your systemAudacity Team
. More information about Audacity Team can be read here
. Please follow http://audacity.sourceforge.net
if you want to read more on Audacity 2.0.5 on Audacity Team's website. Audacity 2.0.5 is usually set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity directory, however this location may vary a lot depending on the user's option while installing the program. Audacity 2.0.5's complete uninstall command line is C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\unins000.exe. audacity.exe is the programs's main file and it takes circa 7.11 MB (7457792 bytes) on disk.
The following executables are installed alongside Audacity 2.0.5. They take about 8.53 MB (8939209
bytes) on disk.
- audacity.exe (7.11 MB)
- unins000.exe (1.41 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 2.0.5
of Audacity 2.0.5.
Some files and registry entries are regularly left behind when you uninstall Audacity 2.0.5.Folders remaining:
Generally, the following files are left on disk:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity
Frequently the following registry data will not be uninstalled:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Languages\ca@valencia\Audacity.mo
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Languages\gl_ES\wxstd.mo
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Languages\zh_CN\wxstd.mo
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Nyquist\bug.lsp
Additional registry values that you should delete:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Lame For Audacity
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\audacity.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\audacity.exe.FriendlyAppName
Audacity 2.0.5 is a program offered by Audacity Team. Frequently, people choose to erase this program. This can be difficult because removing this by hand requires some skill related to Windows internal functioning. One of the best SIMPLE manner to erase Audacity 2.0.5 is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase Audacity 2.0.5 using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around utility to clean your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful PC management program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs existing on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate Audacity 2.0.5 or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Audacity 2.0.5". The Audacity 2.0.5 application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select Audacity 2.0.5 in the list of applications, some data about the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about Audacity 2.0.5, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Audacity 2.0.5:
- The web site of the application is: http://audacity.sourceforge.net
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\unins000.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. accept the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove Audacity 2.0.5.
8. After uninstalling Audacity 2.0.5, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong Audacity 2.0.5 that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Audacity 2.0.5 with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove Audacity 2.0.5 by Audacity Team from your computer, we are not saying that Audacity 2.0.5 by Audacity Team is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove Audacity 2.0.5 in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 21:05:17.060