This page is about Audacity 2.0 for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your PC. It was coded for Windows by How to uninstall Audacity 2.0 from your systemAudacity Team
. Go over here
for more information on Audacity Team. Please open http://audacity.sourceforge.net
if you want to read more on Audacity 2.0 on Audacity Team's website. Audacity 2.0 is commonly installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity directory, but this location can vary a lot depending on the user's decision when installing the application. You can remove Audacity 2.0 by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\unins000.exe. Note that you might be prompted for administrator rights. The application's main executable file has a size of 6.80 MB (7130624 bytes) on disk and is named audacity.exe.
The following executables are contained in Audacity 2.0. They take 8.20 MB (8596385
bytes) on disk.
- audacity.exe (6.80 MB)
- unins000.exe (1.40 MB)
The current page applies to Audacity 2.0 version 2.0
After the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the PC. Part_A few of these are listed below.Folders found on disk after you uninstall Audacity 2.0 from your PC:
The files below remain on your disk by Audacity 2.0's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity
Generally the following registry keys will not be uninstalled:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Languages\ca@valencia\Audacity.mo
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Languages\gl_ES\wxstd.mo
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Languages\zh_CN\wxstd.mo
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\Nyquist\bug.lsp
Audacity 2.0 is a program by the software company Audacity Team. Sometimes, people choose to uninstall it. Sometimes this can be efortful because removing this manually requires some knowledge related to removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best QUICK way to uninstall Audacity 2.0 is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to uninstall Audacity 2.0 from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general tool to take care of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful PC management program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs installed on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate Audacity 2.0 or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Audacity 2.0". If it exists on your system the Audacity 2.0 application will be found automatically. Notice that when you select Audacity 2.0 in the list , some data about the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other users have about Audacity 2.0, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the app you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Audacity 2.0:
- The publisher is: http://audacity.sourceforge.net
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\unins000.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Audacity 2.0.
8. After uninstalling Audacity 2.0, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong Audacity 2.0 which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Audacity 2.0 using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall Audacity 2.0 by Audacity Team from your computer, we are not saying that Audacity 2.0 by Audacity Team is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall Audacity 2.0 supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 23:06:05.417