This page is about Audacity 2.0 for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your PC. It was coded for Windows by A guide to uninstall Audacity 2.0 from your computerAudacity Team
. Go over here
for more information on Audacity Team. Please open http://audacity.sourceforge.net
if you want to read more on Audacity 2.0 on Audacity Team's website. Audacity 2.0 is commonly installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity directory, but this location can vary a lot depending on the user's decision when installing the application. You can remove Audacity 2.0 by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\unins000.exe. Note that you might be prompted for administrator rights. The application's main executable file has a size of 6.80 MB (7130624 bytes) on disk and is named audacity.exe.
The following executables are contained in Audacity 2.0. They take 8.20 MB (8596385
bytes) on disk.
- audacity.exe (6.80 MB)
- unins000.exe (1.40 MB)
The current page applies to Audacity 2.0 version 2.0
After the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the PC. Part_A few of these are listed below.Folders found on disk after you uninstall Audacity 2.0 from your PC:
The files below remain on your disk by Audacity 2.0's application uninstaller when you removed it:
- C:\Program Files\Audacity
Generally the following registry keys will not be uninstalled:
- C:\Program Files\Audacity\lame_enc.dll
- C:\Program Files\Audacity\Languages\ca@valencia\Audacity.mo
- C:\Program Files\Audacity\Languages\pt\Audacity.mo
- C:\Program Files\Audacity\Languages\pt\wxstd.mo
- C:\Program Files\Audacity\Languages\wxstd\wxstd.mo
- C:\Program Files\Audacity\Languages\zh\Audacity.mo
- C:\Program Files\Audacity\Languages\zh\wxstd.mo
- C:\Program Files\Audacity\Nyquist\bug.lsp
- C:\Program Files\Audacity\wxbase28u_net_vc_custom.dll
- C:\Program Files\Audacity\wxbase28u_vc_custom.dll
- C:\Program Files\Audacity\wxmsw28u_adv_vc_custom.dll
- C:\Program Files\Audacity\wxmsw28u_core_vc_custom.dll
- C:\Program Files\Audacity\wxmsw28u_html_vc_custom.dll
Registry values that are not removed from your computer:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\Audacity\audacity.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\Audacity\audacity.exe.FriendlyAppName
Audacity 2.0 is a program marketed by Audacity Team. Frequently, users decide to uninstall this program. This can be difficult because performing this manually takes some experience regarding PCs. The best QUICK action to uninstall Audacity 2.0 is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to remove Audacity 2.0 from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general tool to optimize your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire the program's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs existing on the computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate Audacity 2.0 or simply activate the Search field and type in "Audacity 2.0". If it is installed on your PC the Audacity 2.0 application will be found automatically. Notice that after you select Audacity 2.0 in the list of apps, the following data regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding Audacity 2.0, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for Audacity 2.0:
- The software company is: http://audacity.sourceforge.net
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\unins000.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall Audacity 2.0.
8. After removing Audacity 2.0, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong Audacity 2.0 that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Audacity 2.0 with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove Audacity 2.0 by Audacity Team from your PC, we are not saying that Audacity 2.0 by Audacity Team is not a good software application. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove Audacity 2.0 in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-18 23:06:05.417