This page is about AppCleaner for Windows. Here you can find details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It was coded for Windows by A way to uninstall AppCleaner from your computerUpdateStar GmbH
. More information on UpdateStar GmbH can be found here
. Click on http://www.updatestar.com/
to get more info about AppCleaner on UpdateStar GmbH's website. The program is often located in the C:\Program Files (x86)\AppCleaner directory. Take into account that this path can vary being determined by the user's decision. The full command line for removing AppCleaner is C:\Program Files (x86)\AppCleaner\Uninstall.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may get a notification for admin rights. Cleaner.Win.exe is the AppCleaner's main executable file and it takes close to 1.14 MB (1194944 bytes) on disk.
The following executable files are incorporated in AppCleaner. They take 2.10 MB (2204633
bytes) on disk.
- Cleaner.Win.exe (1.14 MB)
- sqlite3.exe (544.36 KB)
- Uninstall.exe (441.67 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 3.1.5444.22728
of AppCleaner. You can find here a few links to other AppCleaner versions:
...click to view all...
AppCleaner has the habit of leaving behind some leftovers.Directories found on disk:
Generally, the following files remain on disk:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AppCleaner
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AppCleaner
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AppCleaner\Cleaner.Win.exe
- C:\Program Files (x86)\AppCleaner\Settings.conf
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AppCleaner\AppCleaner.lnk
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\AppCleaner\Uninstall.lnk
AppCleaner is an application released by UpdateStar GmbH. Sometimes, computer users decide to uninstall this application. Sometimes this can be easier said than done because doing this manually requires some know-how related to Windows program uninstallation. The best SIMPLE practice to uninstall AppCleaner is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to uninstall AppCleaner using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications installed on the computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate AppCleaner or simply activate the Search feature and type in "AppCleaner". If it is installed on your PC the AppCleaner app will be found very quickly. After you click AppCleaner in the list of programs, the following information regarding the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding AppCleaner, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for AppCleaner:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.updatestar.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\AppCleaner\Uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall AppCleaner.
8. After uninstalling AppCleaner, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of AppCleaner that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing AppCleaner with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall AppCleaner by UpdateStar GmbH from your PC, nor are we saying that AppCleaner by UpdateStar GmbH is not a good application. This page only contains detailed info on how to uninstall AppCleaner in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 22:11:33.807