This web page contains thorough information on how to uninstall Ad-Aware Antivirus for Windows. It was created for Windows by How to uninstall Ad-Aware Antivirus from your PCLavasoft
. Additional info about Lavasoft can be read here
. Further information about Ad-Aware Antivirus can be seen at http://www.Lavasoft.com
. Ad-Aware Antivirus is commonly installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Ad-Aware Antivirus directory, regulated by the user's decision. The application's main executable file is titled AdAwareLauncher.exe and its approximative size is 1.96 MB (2050416 bytes).
The following executable files are contained in Ad-Aware Antivirus. They take 29.79 MB (31239344
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- AdAware.exe (17.94 MB)
- AdAwareLauncher.exe (1.96 MB)
- AdAwareSafeBrowsing.exe (2.99 MB)
- AdAwareService.exe (1.18 MB)
- GFI.Tools.Run64.exe (184.38 KB)
- SBAMSvc.exe (3.51 MB)
- SBAMTray.exe (655.35 KB)
- SBAMWsc.exe (654.34 KB)
- SBSetupDrivers.exe (171.36 KB)
- CartSdk64.exe (318.85 KB)
- sbrc.exe (196.84 KB)
- sbbd.exe (46.84 KB)
- sbbd.exe (43.84 KB)
The current page applies to Ad-Aware Antivirus version 10.5.1.4369
alone. Click on the links below for other Ad-Aware Antivirus versions:
...click to view all...
If you're planning to uninstall Ad-Aware Antivirus you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Folders that were found:
Usually, the following files are left on disk:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Ad-Aware Antivirus
- C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Ad-Aware Antivirus
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Definitions\acertdefs0.std
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Definitions\adsrules.dat
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Definitions\AdviceTx.vdx
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Ad-Aware Antivirus\Definitions\api0.std
Ad-Aware Antivirus is a program released by Lavasoft. Some users choose to erase it. This is easier said than done because removing this by hand takes some experience regarding Windows internal functioning. The best EASY manner to erase Ad-Aware Antivirus is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to delete Ad-Aware Antivirus from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general utility to optimize your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system utility.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs existing on the computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find Ad-Aware Antivirus or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Ad-Aware Antivirus". The Ad-Aware Antivirus app will be found very quickly. When you click Ad-Aware Antivirus in the list , the following data about the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have about Ad-Aware Antivirus, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Ad-Aware Antivirus.
8. After removing Ad-Aware Antivirus, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of Ad-Aware Antivirus that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling Ad-Aware Antivirus using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall Ad-Aware Antivirus by Lavasoft from your PC, nor are we saying that Ad-Aware Antivirus by Lavasoft is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall Ad-Aware Antivirus supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 15:11:17.887