Acer Remote Files
Acer Remote Files is a software application. This page contains details on how to remove it from your computer. It was created for Windows by How to uninstall Acer Remote Files from your computerAcer Incorporated
. More information on Acer Incorporated can be found here
. More details about Acer Remote Files can be found at http://www.acer.com
. Acer Remote Files is typically installed in the C:\Program Files\Acer\Remote Files directory, but this location may vary a lot depending on the user's choice when installing the program. You can remove Acer Remote Files by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\Acer\Remote Files\AcerRemoteFileSetup.exe -uninstall. Note that you might get a notification for admin rights. RemoteFilesService.exe is the Acer Remote Files's main executable file and it takes approximately 3.95 MB (4146944 bytes) on disk.
Acer Remote Files is composed of the following executables which occupy 8.05 MB (8439808
bytes) on disk:
- AcerRemoteFileSetup.exe (2.90 MB)
- CacheMan.exe (152.25 KB)
- RemoteFilesMsg.exe (1.05 MB)
- RemoteFilesService.exe (3.95 MB)
The information on this page is only about version 1.02.2003
of Acer Remote Files. You can find below a few links to other Acer Remote Files releases:
Some files and registry entries are typically left behind when you uninstall Acer Remote Files.Registry that is not removed:
Open regedit.exe to delete the values below from the Windows Registry:
Acer Remote Files is an application marketed by the software company Acer Incorporated. Some people try to erase this application. This can be easier said than done because performing this manually takes some knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. The best SIMPLE manner to erase Acer Remote Files is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to delete Acer Remote Files from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful program.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications existing on the PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate Acer Remote Files or simply activate the Search feature and type in "Acer Remote Files". If it is installed on your PC the Acer Remote Files app will be found very quickly. Notice that when you click Acer Remote Files in the list of apps, the following information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other users have regarding Acer Remote Files, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for Acer Remote Files:
- The software company is: http://www.acer.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\Acer\Remote Files\AcerRemoteFileSetup.exe -uninstall
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall Acer Remote Files.
8. After uninstalling Acer Remote Files, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of Acer Remote Files which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling Acer Remote Files with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove Acer Remote Files by Acer Incorporated from your PC, we are not saying that Acer Remote Files by Acer Incorporated is not a good application for your PC. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to remove Acer Remote Files supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-19 05:09:56.247