AVG Security Toolbar
This page is about AVG Security Toolbar for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your PC. It was developed for Windows by A way to uninstall AVG Security Toolbar from your systemAVG Technologies
. Take a look here
where you can get more info on AVG Technologies. AVG Security Toolbar is typically set up in the C:\Program Files\AVG Secure Search folder, however this location may differ a lot depending on the user's option when installing the program. You can uninstall AVG Security Toolbar by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\AVG Secure Search\UNINSTALL.exe /PROMPT /UNINSTALL. Note that you might receive a notification for administrator rights. AVG Security Toolbar's primary file takes about 640.17 KB (655536 bytes) and is called lip.exe.
AVG Security Toolbar is composed of the following executables which occupy 4.81 MB (5038976
bytes) on disk:
- lip.exe (640.17 KB)
- PostInstall.exe (497.67 KB)
- ROC_ROC_NT.exe (836.09 KB)
- Uninstall.exe (1,013.17 KB)
- vprot.exe (1.07 MB)
This page is about AVG Security Toolbar version 188.8.131.52
only. Click on the links below for other AVG Security Toolbar versions:
...click to view all...
Following the uninstall process, the application leaves some files behind on the computer. Part_A few of these are listed below.Registry that is not cleaned:
Use regedit.exe to remove the following additional values from the Windows Registry:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\AVG Security Toolbar
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AVG Secure Search
AVG Security Toolbar is a program released by the software company AVG Technologies. Some computer users decide to remove this application. Sometimes this can be efortful because performing this manually takes some know-how regarding Windows internal functioning. One of the best EASY solution to remove AVG Security Toolbar is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to erase AVG Security Toolbar from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general tool to maximize the performance of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications installed on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate AVG Security Toolbar or simply click the Search field and type in "AVG Security Toolbar". If it exists on your system the AVG Security Toolbar app will be found automatically. Notice that when you click AVG Security Toolbar in the list , some data regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding AVG Security Toolbar, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall AVG Security Toolbar.
8. After uninstalling AVG Security Toolbar, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of AVG Security Toolbar that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling AVG Security Toolbar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall AVG Security Toolbar by AVG Technologies from your PC, nor are we saying that AVG Security Toolbar by AVG Technologies is not a good software application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall AVG Security Toolbar supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-07-28 01:46:33.637