AIM for Windows
This page contains detailed information on how to remove AIM for Windows for Windows. The Windows release was developed by A guide to uninstall AIM for Windows from your PCAOL Inc.
. More information on AOL Inc. can be seen here
. Usually the AIM for Windows program is placed in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\AOL\AIM directory, depending on the user's option during setup. C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\AOL\AIM\uninstall.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall AIM for Windows. The program's main executable file is titled aim.exe and its approximative size is 1.03 MB (1075552 bytes).
The following executable files are incorporated in AIM for Windows. They occupy 1.22 MB (1282736
bytes) on disk.
- aim.exe (1.03 MB)
- aolload.exe (10.33 KB)
- uninstall.exe (192.00 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 8.0
of AIM for Windows. You can find here a few links to other AIM for Windows versions:
A considerable amount of files, folders and registry data can not be removed when you remove AIM for Windows from your computer.Folders that were found:
Check for and delete the following files from your disk when you uninstall AIM for Windows:
- C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Local\AOL\AIM\cache\Local Storage\http_www.aim.com_0.localstorage
- C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\AIM.lnk
AIM for Windows is an application by the software company AOL Inc.. Frequently, people want to erase this application. Sometimes this is easier said than done because uninstalling this by hand requires some experience related to removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best QUICK procedure to erase AIM for Windows is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to erase AIM for Windows with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs existing on the computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate AIM for Windows or simply click the Search field and type in "AIM for Windows". If it exists on your system the AIM for Windows application will be found automatically. Notice that when you click AIM for Windows in the list of programs, the following information about the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have about AIM for Windows, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall AIM for Windows.
8. After removing AIM for Windows, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong AIM for Windows which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing AIM for Windows using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove AIM for Windows by AOL Inc. from your PC, we are not saying that AIM for Windows by AOL Inc. is not a good application for your PC. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove AIM for Windows in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-06-20 23:36:45.080