AIM for Windows
This page contains detailed information on how to remove AIM for Windows for Windows. The Windows release was developed by A guide to uninstall AIM for Windows from your computerAOL Inc.
. More information on AOL Inc. can be seen here
. Usually the AIM for Windows program is placed in the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\AOL\AIM directory, depending on the user's option during setup. C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\AOL\AIM\uninstall.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall AIM for Windows. The program's main executable file is titled aim.exe and its approximative size is 1.03 MB (1075552 bytes).
The following executable files are incorporated in AIM for Windows. They occupy 1.22 MB (1282736
bytes) on disk.
- aim.exe (1.03 MB)
- aolload.exe (10.33 KB)
- uninstall.exe (192.00 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 8.0
of AIM for Windows. You can find here a few links to other AIM for Windows versions:
A considerable amount of files, folders and registry data can not be removed when you remove AIM for Windows from your computer.Folders that were found:
Supplementary registry values that are not removed:
AIM for Windows is a program released by the software company AOL Inc.. Some computer users choose to erase it. Sometimes this is difficult because performing this manually takes some advanced knowledge regarding removing Windows applications by hand. The best QUICK procedure to erase AIM for Windows is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to delete AIM for Windows with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around tool to maximize the performance of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good PC management program.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs installed on the PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate AIM for Windows or simply click the Search field and type in "AIM for Windows". If it is installed on your PC the AIM for Windows program will be found automatically. Notice that after you select AIM for Windows in the list of applications, some data about the program is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have about AIM for Windows, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove AIM for Windows.
8. After removing AIM for Windows, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong AIM for Windows that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing AIM for Windows using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove AIM for Windows by AOL Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that AIM for Windows by AOL Inc. is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove AIM for Windows supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-06-20 23:36:45.080