You can find below details on how to uninstall µTorrent for Windows. It was developed for Windows by A guide to uninstall µTorrent from your computerBitTorrent Inc.
. Take a look here
where you can find out more on BitTorrent Inc.. Click on http://www.utorrent.com
to get more data about µTorrent on BitTorrent Inc.'s website. The application is often found in the C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent directory (same installation drive as Windows). You can remove µTorrent by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe. Note that you might be prompted for admin rights. µTorrent's main file takes around 1.23 MB (1287504 bytes) and is called 3.4.2_31519.exe.
µTorrent installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 3.85 MB (4038136
bytes) on disk.
- 3.4.2_31519.exe (1.23 MB)
- 3.4.1_30636.exe (1.40 MB)
This web page is about µTorrent version 220.127.116.11519
alone. You can find below a few links to other µTorrent releases:
...click to view all...
µTorrent is a program by the software company BitTorrent Inc.. Some users choose to remove this application. Sometimes this is easier said than done because removing this manually requires some know-how regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best QUICK manner to remove µTorrent is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to erase µTorrent with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around utility to take care of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system utility.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications installed on your computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate µTorrent or simply click the Search field and type in "µTorrent". The µTorrent app will be found very quickly. Notice that after you click µTorrent in the list of apps, some data about the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have about µTorrent, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the app you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for µTorrent:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.utorrent.com
- The uninstall string is: C:\UserNames\UserName\AppData\Roaming\uTorrent\uTorrent.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall µTorrent.
8. After removing µTorrent, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of µTorrent that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing µTorrent with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall µTorrent by BitTorrent Inc. from your PC, nor are we saying that µTorrent by BitTorrent Inc. is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall µTorrent supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-07-14 16:58:43.597